The POLO shall provide maximum services to Filipino Migrant Workers to protect their rights and promote their welfare. In pursuit of this mandate, the POLO shall focus on the following key areas, namely: employment protection and facilitation, provision of welfare services and skills enhancement and other training programs, employment promotion and market development, and linkages with the host government, relevant foreign embassies/consulate, international organizations, the Filipino community and non-governmental institutions in the post.
All relevant modes of assistance in the handling of cases shall be explored to afford full protection to the workers’ rights, preserve or restore the harmonious relationship between the workers and employers, respect the laws of the host country, and enhance the reputation of the POLO as Center for care and excellence.
Philippine Overseas Labor Office PCG-Osaka Labor Section
Serves as the DOLE’s overseas operating arm in the implementation of the Philippine labor policies and programs for the protection of the rights and promotion of the welfare and interests of Filipinos working in prefectures under the PCG’s jurisdiction.
Functions and Responsibilities
The PCG-Osaka Labor Section shall have the following functions and responsibilities:
- Ensure the protection of the rights and promote the welfare and interests of overseas Filipino migrant workers and assist them on all problems arising out of employer-employee relationship;
- Promote and implement the Department’s overseas employment program, consistent with the overall policy thrust of the government;
- Verify employment contracts and other employment-related documents;
- Monitor and report to Home Office (HO) situations and policy developments in the host country that may affect Filipino migrant workers in particular and Philippine labor policies, in general;
- Pursue the need-based community development and relations program and engage in socio-cultural activities organized by the Philippine government, host country, Filipino communities and other entities; and
- Perform other functions as may be directed by the Secretary of Labor and Employment.
Prefectural Jurisdictions of the PCG-Osaka Labor Section